Friday, March 19, 2010

What a BIG boy!

For a few weeks now, Chase has been trying to escape from his crib. He puts one leg up and over his crib rail and can actually get himself out of his crib. He had done it a few times in the past, but had never hurt himself. Then on Thursday night I had just put Chase to bed and as I walked into my bedroom I heard a LOUD booom! I quickly ran into the boys' bedroom and found Chase screaming on the floor. Yep, he had tried to escape from his crib and landed right on his head!! So that made Eric and I realize that it was time to get rid of the crib and move on to a toddler bed, immediately. My friend Jolyn had a train toddler bed from her son Colby. She was nice enough to keep it around for Chasey to use. So we quickly called Jolyn and got the bed from her.

So Friday night was the first official night in the toddler bed. It took about 20-30 minutes of putting Chase back into his bed, but once we finally got him to stay in the bed, he was out cold. He slept straight thru the night until 6:00am. I found him in the hallway calling my name at 6:00am. I think he was a little confused as to where he was. I went and got him, put him in our bed and he slept like an angel until 9:00am! Wow, what a big boy! We are SO proud of him!!! But also a little sad to think that he is old enough to be out of his crib. It is also weird to think that we took the crib down for the final time. Wow...

Enjoying one last time in the crib!

Evidence that we needed the toddler bed...

Checking out the new bed before bedtime...

Snoozing away in his new big boy bed...

Our big boy!!

1 comment:

  1. oh that brings back memories of seeing colby in it just like that! =(

    ReplyDelete