Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kennedie's 1st day of Kindergarten

The day Kennedie had been talking about since May, finally arrived. Kennedie started kindergarten on September 9, 2010. She was SO excited for the big day to arrive.

That morning she popped right out of bed, did her morning routine and was ready for school in record speed. She was all smiles from ear to ear and bouncing off the wall, waiting for school to start. We went out to the bus stop early to do pictures and she even enjoyed a game of tag with her friends before the bus came.

When the bus came, she said "bye mom" and gave me a big hug. I was fighting back tears as she walked up those big school bus steps, and managed to hold it together until the bus was pulling away. As soon as I turned to go into the house, I completely LOST it. Sending her off to kindergarten was really hard on me. I was an emotional wreck!

After we got her on the bus, Eric, Chase and I drove to Southview to see her get off the bus and help get her to her classroom. She was all smiles getting off the bus and did great going into her room. I wish I could say the same for myself. I had to keep my sunglasses on in the classroom because I was crying...Once we got into the room, she went to her locker, took her jacket off and found a spot to sit at a table to color. We then said goodbye, gave her a hug and went to leave. She was a little teary eyed as we left, but we left quickly and knew she would be fine.

All dressed up and ready to go!

She always likes to pose by the pole on the front step each year.

The annual picture on the front step!

Parker & Kennedie

Waiting for the bus to arrive...

7 of the 13 kids at our bus stop this year

Posing on the steps with Bus Driver Jim

There she goes...sniff, sniff!

Getting off the bus at Southview. Look at that smile!

Posing at her locker in her classroom

Coloring waiting to see what comes next!

We are so proud of you "sissy!" We can't wait to see what kindergarten has in store for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment